Thursday 23 July 2009

National Trust, Hanbury Hall

Clouds over Hanbury

This is the weather that's been littering the Midlands. I stopped here for a huge cream tea on my way back from failing to find a decent cagoule under a hundred quid in Worcester. To my shame I've never so much as driven past Hanbury Hall in my long association with this area. Of course, I picked a day when the building itself is closed but I was still getting value for money with my NT membership saving me the £4.50 entry to the grounds.

£4.50!!

The cream tea wasn't huge either: that's just a turn of phrase.

I thought I had a bird list for Hanbury from my days of living in Stoke Prior; and so, I diligently logged a kestrel, swifts, house martins, wood pigeons, a couple of moorhens and one apiece of blue tit, blackbird and robin. I had no such list. Well, now I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Creative Commons License

This work by Andy Gibb is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Non-Commercial-Share Alike 2.0 UK: England & Wales License. It also uses Google Analytics and so creates tracking cookies and collects non-identifiable data about you.